Thursday, May 2, 2013

365 Days

As graduation for many schools approaches, I am stunned to think about the fact that it was a year ago that I packed my car and cried for 5 hours down 95 after having left Providence.

PCIrishDance had their Spring Semester Spectacular last night, the last performance for seniors. PCID was so hard for me to say goodbye to, and I know that these girls have worked so hard this year to make everything great, so I can only imagine how sad they're feeling today.

I feel like I just left Providence- I remember this time during my freshman year of college, when suddenly there was another class separating me from ND, and I wasn't the most recent graduate. It took a long time to get used to this, and I think it will take even longer to get used to the feeling at PC. I'm obviously so happy to be a JV, was thrilled to have a Philadelphia summer, and am looking forward to whatever next year may bring, but change has always been hard for me.

I have spent a lot of time today thinking about Providence- both the school and the city. This might have something to do with the fact that I'm reading a book about the Pawtucket Red Sox, and much of it takes place in Providence, but regardless, I thought of how wonderful PC in the Spring is. Glorious flowers, sunshine, music on the quad, hugs goodbye and excitement over the summer and coming year... it's a great time to be a Friar (but isn't it always?).

I am craving Providence. I just want to drive to Prospect Park blaring Coldplay and have a picnic lunch looking over the whole city. I know that the cherished memories of my four years (and amazing summer) can never happen again- it would be impossible to gather all of the people I love so much together again, but I will never forget the sense of joy and grace that city brought me.

So here's to new things... say a prayer, please, I'm working on an interview with a place I would LOVE to work next year! I know that the joy I felt in Providence will be brought to me somewhere else, but it doesn't hurt to be nostalgic every once in a while, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment